Now, this recipe is my spontaneous answer to a hot lazy summer day when I just want a refreshing drink in one hand and comfy beach chair on the other. More importantly though, I put this together after having visited an Indian store in my city and finding this amazing masala mix called Jal Jeera powder. Now Jal Jeera is a famous drink within India and its made with a special powder known as the Jal Jeera powder. The literal translation of the term Jal is ‘water’ and Jeera is ‘cumin’. This powder is basically a mix of various spices such as obviously cumin, mango powder, ginger powder, black pepper, pink salt and others. It gives a wonderful twist to a classic Mojito drink, and the taste of pomegranate enhances the drink even more.
Try it for yourself !!!
Yields: 2 jumbo glasses of Pomegranate Jal Jeera Mohito should come out…..
- MDH Jaljeera masala or powder (you can find other brands too but this one is my favorite)
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 can of club soda
- 2 whole pomegranates (if you choose to make fresh pomegranate juice)
- 500 ml pomegranate bottled juice (if you decide to not make fresh juice and use bottled instead)
- Dash of lemon juice
- Few pieces of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Take a nice big jar, and add a hand full of fresh and thoroughly washed mint leaves (I use a nice big steel jar in order to muddle the mint leaves together with my Jal Jeera masala properly).
- Put 6 cubes of ice into your jar, or more if you prefer
- Depends on how much Jal Jeera spice you like in your drink, put two heavy filled teaspoons of JJ mix in the jar.
- If you decide to juice fresh pomegranates then you obviously have to peal and clean the pomegranates first and then run them in a juicer. I usually use Al Rawabi Pomegranate juice when making these babies. Whichever you choose, add this juice to your jar now.
- Add the whole can of club soda and your dash of lemon
- When you pour it into glasses you can decorate with pomegranate seeds and lemon wedges for perfect presentation.
Et Voila! 🙂
Let me know how yours turned out !